Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Embellishing


The Fiber Art Friends Group are making books by swaping pages with each other. My first swap is a page for Carol of Textile Tales's Journal and she has chosen Creamy Colours. I usually work using quite strong colours, so this is quite a challenge for me. This was a bit of practice using creamy colours with the Embellisher machine(Janome's Xpressions). I'm afraid the pale colours don't show up very clearly. Below is a detail of the piece. Since taking this photo I have used this piece to make a brithday postcard for Francois of Creatilfun. But I'm not going to show you this one until it is on it's way to France.
I have also started working on my Charms this morning.


Tomorrow I'm going to Chester again, so I don't think there will be much work done when I come home. I can't wait to continue with my Paper and textile experimants, which will have to wait until Thursday.


I have decided to use this as a base for my TAST challenge this week. It's Polycotton material and again transfer painted with additional stamping with gold acrylic paint.

8 comments:

Zaz said...

wow Mags! you are doing some lovely bits with that embellisher - you have found a real gem there!

Sue B said...

Looks like that embellisher piece has some great texture on it Mags. I think that background for TAST will make a lovely piece.

Helen Suzanne said...

that is just gorgeous work mags. Was the transfer print from one of your digital designs? I love seeing the textures your getting with the embellisher

StegArt said...

Your creamy experiment looks quite interesting. I see something shimmery there.

Carol said...

OOh, gorgeous Mags
Can't wait to see my page

beverley said...

Mags I'm beginning to get quite caught up in your work,it is so gorgeous and I'm so loving the colours and textures!

Helen Cowans said...

I can see the embellisher work is taking off. I love the soft creamy colours (despite my love of strong colour!)

Dianne said...

Mags, I think the creamy piece is looking very dreamy. The colours are great, and can also see a bit of glitz in there!!