Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Emebellisher


As you can see from the side-bar, I have joined two Embellisher groups, Myfanwy and Dale's.
Myfanwy's challenge this week was Layers. I'm so new to this, but I had a lot of fun today creating layers with the embellisher. Another group I belong to is FiberArt Friends with yet another challenge which is experimenting with paper and fabric. So what better way to do it than with the Embellisher.

I used Sweet Papers that I had saved from my large Christmas tin of Quality Streets.
The sweet paper would not sink into the felt on it's own, so I decided to use strips of organza here and there to catch it in and this worked perfectly. I then cut it out and embellished again onto stretch velvet. I am pleased with this result and have started to make a book cover with it.


This is a closeup of the work.

9 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Sumptious colours Mags. Never thought of sweet papers. Great idea.

Sue B said...

Mags it's fab! Love the colors in this. This is going to make a gorgeous book cover.

Dianne said...

Purple is my favourite colour!! I think the mix of lolly papers and velvet is great! Both are scrumptios!

StegArt said...

Thank you for the description on how you did this. It is lovely and the colors are wonderful.

Elizabet said...

I was so annoyed when I opened the Quality Street this year and they had replaced all the colored foil with plastic foil with Quality Street Printed on it.
I'm using my purple ones on the box I'm decorating at the moment!

This is just beautiful - of course it helps its in my favourite colour!

Micki said...

Yummy colors and great texture. A great book cover.

beverley said...

It's beautiful - love the colours and like the other comment I appreciate your description on how you did it..

Helen Suzanne said...

oo this is great Mags. I really like the combination of textures. Joining the groups seems like a good idea too. I was looking at Myfanwy's but didn't realise Dale had one too.

Liz said...

Lovely colours, Mags. I can see I will have to succumb to the embellisher temptation soon....