Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Exciting post delivery


This is the cover I made for my book page swap for my Fiberart Friends group. We have a new partner once a month and swap a page. By the end we should have a book full of textile art.


Here is the page I received this morning from Carol of Textile Tales for my book, my specification was anything curvy(as in Wrought Iron perhaps)with a black backround and using the colour range of red, orange, yellows. I love this one, my first page.
Carol also sent me a Charm and the group who are swapping these is the Surface Design group and not Fiberart Friends as I said yesterday. I am on so many swaps I have confused myself.


The postman brought me another surprise, a Birthday postcard from Anna Nowicki of SERENDIPITY. My birthday is in February, but Anna made sure it arrived on time. It is not a very good image as it is a little shiny and the flash affected it. I will take another to replace it during the day.

7 comments:

StegArt said...

What a fun day for you! Those are some great items you received. I get to make your next fabric page, I'm looking forward to it.

Dianne said...

Great post day! Love the page from Carol it really suits your cover, and the postcard is so lively, great for a birthday!!

Zaz said...

lovely page and postcard - great fun to meet the postman these days

Sue B said...

Love the page that Carol made for you, I'll bet it's even nicer in person. What a great birthday card that is!

Scraps of Bev said...

What a lovely visit from the postman, 'fabric pages for a book' sounds so lovely - perhaps at my next reading group meeting I'll mention this!

What a gorgeous birthday card to receive...

Kim said...

The page from Carol suits your theme so nicely. Lovely card from Anna (my, my - it is time to start working on February!)

Susan said...

I love mail days like that! You did a wonderful piece - at first I thought it must have something to do with exercise - Curves? The postcard is wonderful. What a great friend!