Thursday, January 25, 2007

A good day - Part 2


(click for a larger image)
I decided to trawl the charity shops this morning and here are the things I bought. A lovely skirt in silky material in the most fantasic bright colours and ideal to play with using my new embellisher. Two frames, a lovely little box with drawers, that will be re-covered and best of all, a book published in 1986 by Jean Littlejohn which is a treasure and only cost me £1.45.
I bought 2 magazines at my favourite newsagents, this month's Stitch and Workshop, both have plenty of interesting articles in them too. Then I bought a 'slash cutter' which I have fancied for a long time.





To crown it all a beautiful sunset and a silhouette of my favourite bird, the heron on the beach.

6 comments:

Scraps of Bev said...

Oh wow Mags what a super day you've had, not only bought such lovely interesting things but to end up with a great sunset making for a perfect ending to your day. Love the photo's.

I think when I'm out shopping tomorrow I should perhaps pop into one of the charity shops and see what I can buy!!

Zaz said...

great buys Mags .........a slash cutter?? explain please :0)

Sue B said...

yea I'll say you had a good day. Great find on that book - lucky you.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day you had young M. You live in such a lovely area that there must be nice things to look at all the time. Good bit of retail therapy too.
Dorothy

Lynne said...

Visiting your blog for the first time via 2 others.

Lovely photos. You seem to have a lovely outlook on life.

I will call again.

Anonymous said...

Great treasures you found. What are in the frames?
Love the photos, you have such beautiful sun sets there, the cotton candy shades are amazing. Happy Weekend

Paige

http://paigeofabook.blogspot.com/

Yes still have those log in problems