Monday, January 01, 2007

A good start


I finished my book cover for the Fiber Arts Friends list. Now, I need to make a page using creamy colours and that is going to be quite a challenge!

This morning I hemmed two Christmas table cloths ready for next year, now all I need to do is use my Embroidery Machine to write the words 'Nadolig Llawen' which is Happy Christmas in Welsh on red fabric and stich them here and there on the cloths.

I finished the 'swag' for the window and typed and printed some sheets for my husband. I think that's quite a good start to my year. Good thing I didn't make any new year resolutions about dieting and such stuff, because I think I deserve a few chocolates with my coffee now, and maybe I'll just have a little Baylies Cream in it too.

12 comments:

Elizabet said...

Just beautiful. I really love the colours!

Joanna van said...

I thought all you Brits prefered a cup of tea! It's really lovely Mags. I like the raw edge technique.

Leanne Hurren said...

That's gorgeous Margaret - lovely colours. How did you do it? Happy new year!

Sara said...

The book cover is just amazing! A little Bailey's in the coffee sounds rather good...think I'm having an Ameratto and Cream this evening - just to ring in the New Year.

beverley said...

What gorgeous colours I love it!!

You've done all this and it's only the 1st January!! I agree with you that you really do deserve chocolates and Baylies - I've only done the ironing today so nothing for me!!

marion said...

Cool curves, Margaret... happy new year to you and yours

Micki said...

Your book cover is lovely.

Dianne said...

I love your book cover. It's so vibrant - a great start to the New Year. Happy New Year Mags.

Nina In Norway said...

Geourgeous! But how did you do it?....

Angelcat said...

wow you have had a busy start to the year, it's amazing to think you have achieved so much in so little time. The book cover is gorgeous, orange is my favourite colour at the moment so I think it's wonderful!

Carol said...

Mags, A wonderful cover, looking forward to making your first page,

StegArt said...

those colors are beautiful. Very nice cover page.