Monday, January 08, 2007

Herringbone piece finished





I have finished my TAST challenge for this week and I must say I really did enjoy it. The fabric was a piece that I had transfer painted last year and was floating around unused, I was only playing around with it and meant to find a better fabric to use, but after I'd stitched a border at the bottom, it just seemed to take on a life of it's own and curved and played happily all over the place. I turned it round and the bottom border is now on the left. I think it looks better. The thread used was 3 strands of DMC cotton.
I'm quite pleased with it and I'm sure I can find some use for it somewhere. I need to make a birthday postcard to send a friend on another list and I think I will herringbone her something along the same lines.

13 comments:

Beth Robinson said...

I like how your color choices work with the structure of the stitches. Nice work.

StegArt said...

Very nice...the colors are rich and beautiful.

Carol said...

this is lovely Mags, I love the look of herringbone stitch.

Sue B said...

Beautifully done Mags. It'll make a wonderful postcard.

MargaretR said...

Thanks for commenting Beth.

Beverley said...

I am so impressed - I love it and as you know Mags this is not my line of work but I can really appreciate the work involved - just love the colours!

Sara said...

That turned out very nice! Love the ways the colors worked up - so pretty!

NuvoFelt said...

Much better than my effort, Mags. Love it!

Angelcat said...

Wow this is great I LOVE the colours. It will make a fantastic postcard!

Micki said...

Beautiful, Mags! I love the colors and your choice of the way you used the stitches. Puts mine to shame.

Kim said...

I like fill pattern on the leaf - nicely done.

Dianne said...

This is really gorgeous!! Great colours.

jenclair said...

So pretty!