Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Lovely Postcards


What a wonderful surprise I had when the postman came this morning, two beautiful postcards.
I was one of the lucky ones sent this brooch on a postcard by Purple Missus because I was one of the first five to sign an 'Art Meme' inviting people to comment on her blog and she would send them a piece of art - only because she had seen the same thing on another blog and desperately wanted a piece of their art!
So now I have to invite five people to comment on this post and I will send them a piece of my textile art.


The other postcard was from Carol of Textile Tales and it is a lovely textured piece with beautiful rich colours.
Thanks to you both for giving me so much pleasure. I have quite a thick file of postcards now.

9 comments:

beverley said...

These two pieces are just excellent examples of the talent of the many ladies that visit your blog Mags. What a lovely surprise for you to receive in the post.

Hope you had a good day shopping at Chester!

Sue B said...

What great pieces to find in the mailbox! Lucky you.

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Great Gifts and what a great idea for postcards.

Helen Suzanne said...

I'm commenting I'm commenting. I would love a bit of Mags-art. I do love Carols textures too.

dijanne cevaal said...

Me too , me too I am commenting too! Do we send you on eback or it just keeps going on?
Dijanne

Carol said...

Oh pigs, I am too late,
I knew I shouldn't have a lie in :)

Zaz said...

bums - I am too late too :-( and I would have loved a piece of mags art ! I need an Rss thingy !

Suzi-k said...

rats, me too, and to add insult to injury, when i did try and comment, blogger ate it, grrr. Those postcards are lovely.

Anna Nowicki said...

I have a lovely lady too (Lilly B) and the other postcard is just lush. It's a shame my PC did not update your site or I would have been first in the queue for a piece of your work!! ANNA