Monday, January 22, 2007

Mary Spence textile artist

We all spent the most wonderful evening at the Embroiderers Guild this evening.
Mary gave us a talk about her work and her visits to India and China and the textiles she studied there. She is a very talented artist working in textiles. I know Mary well by now, but had never realised until tonight what a wonderful artist she is. Seeing so many examples of her work together was a pleasure and her talk was humorous and very interesting. If anyone is looking for a speaker at their meetings, then I would recommend Mary.




9 comments:

Carol said...

I have to agree, it was a wonderful evening, Mary was the first textile teacher I ever had, I knew absolutley nothing and joined her evening class back in 1990, I was hooked

StegArt said...

Wow, Mary does wonderful work just looking at those photos. Thanks for sharing.

Scraps of Bev said...

Gosh this work is wonderful. Just wished she lived in this part of the country and could then give a talk at our Ladies Probus Group

Sue B said...

How lucky you are to have seen all her work in person and up close. I am definitely living in the wrong country!

Sue said...

I think I want to be Mary Spence - she's achieving something I've been trying to envisage and create, so amazingly better than I could.... Lucky you to have seen this work in the "flesh".

MargaretR said...

I'm not surprised you were hooked Carol. I never had a stitching class from her, but I've had a felting and printing few hours with her and I really enjoyed those.
You are welcome Terri.

Helen Cowans said...

Wish I could see Mary's work in person. They look so beautiful! Helen

mrsatroxi said...

Oh my goodness, but those are beautiful. The colors are just, oh I can't describe it! Wow. It must be a good feeling to have so much talent.

Dianne said...

Oh wow! Look at her work - it is just fantastic!!