Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Santes Dwynwen


Today is an important day here in Wales as it is the equivelent of Saint Valentines Day fo us. On January 25th we celebrate Saint Dwynwen's Day
Dwynwen is the Welsh Patron Saint of Lovers.

This was part of the work I did when designing a page for a book swap and is a photo of my grandmother with a double spooned love spoon. This love spoon was kept in a drawer at my Nain's and I loved it, but my mother threw it out not realising it's worth. Now it is only a fragment of my memory.

6 comments:

Micki said...

Ooh, I love this piece.

Scraps of Bev said...

I love this piece of work. I know my mother did have a double spooned love spoon it came from her mother. This has reminded me about it and I will ask her later today if she still has it!!

Sue B said...

What a beautiful piece this is.

Dianne said...

This is so beautiful and dreamy looking.

Ann Christine Dennison said...

I love this, it has some really lovely detail :-)

Maureen said...

Margaret
Dudnt you blog about this spoon a year back?
I seem to remember reading about a love spoon some time back,and was intrigued by it's history at that time.Please do tell more about lovers' spoons as it's not something with which I am familiar .