Saturday, January 06, 2007

TAST


I have put my name down on SharonB's Take a stitch Tuesday Challenge. This week's stitch is Herringbone, which is my favourite of all stitches. I remembered this sample where I stitched the letter B with my Bernina Embroidery module, cut them out and couched them on another fabric using herringbone stitch.
I will now take up the challenge and stitch some more herringbone.
This is a wonderful idea Sharon.
I will do my best to do it every week, I am having quite a productive few days and I hope it lasts.

7 comments:

Kim said...

This has a very elegant look to it - wonderful teal/brown combination.

Dianne said...

This is such a lovely sample! It does look very elegant... I am doing the challenge too, and have just used a bit of scrap for mine, so not sure if I'll post it - oh, I suppose I should...

Elizabet said...

You do such beautiful work! I'm trying to learn some more textile art techniques but just don't seem to be able to find anyone around here who knows any!

Micki said...

Oooh, I really like the look of this piece. If only I had 1/10th of the creativity you have. I joined TAST, but haven't a clue how to use the stitch.

beverley said...

Oooh I love this it's just gorgeous and the fact that it's the letter 'B' - beautiful!

Melissa said...

Beautiful! I'm really loving everyone's interpretation

Helen Suzanne said...

this is beautiful work. Of course some of my favourite colours but this herringbone stitch I will have to find out about... it's very effective.