Monday, January 15, 2007

A test for the imagination


Here is my first embellisher cartoon. I have just added a few straight stitching to accentuate what I thought I saw. The one in the mini skirt has a cigarette in a holder in her hand and the other one is probably her mother or her aunt. She might even be one of these 25 year olds I read about in my 'You' magazine on Sunday. The latest look for these young ones is 'Middle Aged Chic' or Mac as they call it! Lamb dressed as mutton. But no way can middle aged ladies go for this look of tweeds, twinset and pearls as it makes them look frumpish.

8 comments:

Paige said...

Excellent fashon. I don't know how you do it. You have a great eye.

Hilary Metcalf said...

I love this - very witty!

Scraps of Bev said...

This is so clever - I just love it!!

Dianne said...

Oh Mags, this is so cool!! Isn't it amazing what the eye can see.

ruth said...

Funny how different eyes see different things.
I saw the lady on the left as being young in a mini-skirt, but she was walking out of the picture and turning to give a throw-away comment over her shoulder. I could see the one leg bent with the knee pointing out to the right.
Love the handbag on the older lady left.

Sue B said...

Mags these are awesome - you are so clever!

beverley said...

Just excellent- love them!!

Maureen said...

Your cartoon reminds me of my MiL!
Witty,tweedy,cigarette smoking extrovert!
Maybe the other is me...(many years ago)giving her cheek!