Friday, January 12, 2007

Tidying my studio


This morning I was reading my friend Liz Plummer's blog Dreaming Spirals who was re-organising her studio. I took a look around my own and felt a wave of shame, how could I do any work in such a mess. I was in two minds whether to show you the before and after photos or not.


The two photos above show what my studio looked like at 9 o'clock this morning. It was so untidy I had to use my ironing board to do all my work when I had two long worktops full of clutter.
Below are photos of my studio at 10 o'clock this morning. How did I manage this? A little over a year ago, my young granddaughter who was 14 at the time persuaded me to let her organise my room for me. I let her do it, worrying that I would not be able to find a thing by the time she had finished. This was not so. She created corners and areas for every type of work. Now everything has a it's own place and it does not take long to put things away even as messy as it was first thing this morning.



6 comments:

Joanna van said...

Boy, check out that nice clean studio! You don't even have to ever leave your room...since you have a computer and your quilting supplies all in the same place.

joyce said...

Your studio looks like an interesting place, clean or messy. A messy studio is a sign of creativity but when it gets too messy it's hard to do anything. You spend too much time looking for things.

Dianne said...

Yes, I agree with Joyce - it looked great clean and messy!!

Fran├žoise said...

It was not that messy, come on!
But I agree, it looks better now...

Ali Honey said...

I love being organised so like your tidied up photo. You are lucky to have a dedicated space to work in; mine has to be packed away frquently, but I enjoy having things in different rooms; it makes me get up and move to use the iron or move to use the computer.( all movement is exercise and beneficial )

Suzi-k said...

oooh I envy you that space to call your own! I have to share a study with my husband and there is never a clear surface, but heaven help me if I move a single paper, never mind try and clear the snowdrifts!