Saturday, February 10, 2007

Algerian Eye Stitch


Here is my TAST challenge this week using the Algerian Eye Stitch. I painted some Aida with jade green acrylic paint. I do seem to make things difficult for myself. The paint made the holes almost impossible to see, then I roughly cut around it irregularly. The yarn used is varied and hand dyed on a course with Ruth Issett.


This is a detail of the piece. I joined the stitched Aida to a piece of felt using the embellisher, blending it in with some purple satin and stitching some more Algerian eyelets in purple cotton on the joint.

13 comments:

StegArt said...

Wow these colors are stunning. Purples and greens are always a winning combination.

Micki said...

It's beautiful. I really like the way you designed this piece.

Purple Missus said...

I love this colourway Mags. Just yesterday at the local fabric shop I picked up organza,silk and a metallic fabric in both these colours! Great minds hey?

SuZ said...

oh WoW !!! this is just stunning !!! nice job Mags....

Carol said...

lovely Mags, gorgeous colours, love the way you blended the edges

Sue B said...

Beautiful Mags! Love the colors in this, wonderful combination.

Carol said...

Gorgeous colours, they are my favourite two colours. I love what you are doing with the stitches. Wish I had started the TAST. I am just loving what you are doing.

Dianne said...

You are so creative Mags! This looks fantastic! Love how you've used the stitches to blend it all together.

Susan said...

It looks absolutely fantastic. I love the things you come up with for stitching backgrounds.

Kim said...

Lovely. You may have made it difficult for yourself but I like the way the paint fills in the voids.

Emmy said...

Wauw this is so stunning and the colors I love it realy love it

Dy said...

Like everyone else, I'm also admiring your gorgeous colour scheme and stitches - it looks wonderful!

Fiona said...

love the colour and how you joined the aida to the felt