Friday, February 02, 2007

A beautiful day


Here is my little effort for Take A Stitch Tuesday Challenge this week. I know it's a bit of a mess, but I did enjoy playing with the chevron stitch which was our stitch challenge from SharonB this time. I just sat with a box of threads and played. I have been hand embroidering for many years, but this is the first time I used this stitch. I'm going to have another go soon. I need to make 5 postcards using these stitches for a swap.


We got up this morning to see the moon setting, this is where we usually see the sun setting in the middle of summer. It's the first time I have seen the moon like this at 8 o'clock in the morning.



It has been such a lovely clear day today.


The mountains were silhouetted clearly against the sky.


A little later the colours had changed again.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Hey, I was looking at that very same moon at 8am out of our kitchen window :)

Dianne said...

Mags is that a castle in your photo? Wow, what an amazing building!! Your sample is great - I love it when they just all merge like that!

Purple Missus said...

I don't think your sample is a 'mess' at all Mags. I love stitches that tumble all over each other.
Are you employed by the Welsh Tourist Board? If not, you ought to be!! :)

MargaretR said...

Thanks for the comments PM.

Scraps of Bev said...

Yes I agree from your photo's it most certainly looked a beautiful day, I so love to see these photo and just wish that I lived somewhere where I could open a window and have that view- mine is onto a main road and traffic!!

Kim said...

I like the "mess" of the chevron stitches - sometimes life just gets all piled up like that.

Sara said...

Like what you are doing with the stitches...I see you have a photo of "my dream castle" again...Oh...to be rich enough (not that I'm not rich in other things - but not very rich with the spendable stuff!!! :) )