Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Fabric dyeing results


Today as you all know is Valentine's day and I had my first Valentine card in a very long time. Thank you Angela.
Angela Hart of The Adventures of Angelcat sent me this lovely heart charm on a card and it arrived this morning.

Now I'm not a very experienced dyer, but when I came home from our SerenTex dyeing afternoon with Janine I had enjoyed it all so much I decided to carry on when I returned home. This is the result, some I was very pleased with, some could have been a bit more exciting, but I am determined to get the hang of this dyeing, so I will have another go soon.

13 comments:

Sue B said...

Mags that pile of fabric is gorgeous!

Joanna van said...

The dying is beautiful Mags! And, I am sure you will soon become addicted like me! Your gold turned out really lovely...did you mix colors to get it...or did you have the powder this color? I haven't tried dying gold yet.

StegArt said...

Oooh those dyed fabrics and threads look beautiful!

Micki said...

Yummy fabrics and threads.

Dianne said...

I think those dyed fabrics look wonderful!! I have just ordered lots of dyes so I can try dying too! What a very pretty heart!!

joyce said...

Your dyeing turned out great! It's so much fun dyeing but I want to get a whole bolt of good fabric for dyeing and that's $$$. It's very liberating to have lots of fabric waiting for when the spirit moves you. Lol.

Helen Cowans said...

Oh! Love the colours :)

Helen

Helen Cowans said...

Oh! Love the colours :)

Helen

MargaretR said...

Thanks for the comments ladies! I must admit having all that variety is inspiring. I think I have plenty of of fabric to make some padfolios with now.
The colour was Golden Yellow and some Rose Brown with it Joanna. I don't have those colours at home though. I need to get some of that rose brown. I love it.

meggie said...

Those colours are so glorious! They look inspiring!

Carol said...

Ooh lovely Mags, did you use Procion, even the name Rose Bown sounds lovely

Angelcat said...

wow your dyed fabrics are wonderful Mags, such beautiful colours!

Liz said...

Yummy, yummy! A very successful dyeing day by the looks of things! Lovely colours...