Thursday, February 08, 2007

Felted experiment

I would like to thank everyone who has commented on my blog in the last few days as I know I have not been able to reach you all. Reading your comments gives me a lot of pleasure.
Our Needlefelt Challenge from Myfanwy of Nuvo Felt this week was to use a 'Different Background' when using the Embellisher.


Here is my experiment this week, but it's not yet finished. Originally it was just going to be a sample to try out a different background, but it has been so successful I am going to use it to make something using it, so watch this space.
For my experiment I decided to try out our old friend the Nappy Liner(Diaper), I used it double and felted some pieces of silky fabrics I bought at a charity shop last week on it. I also used some wool rovings in certain areas to blend the fabrics together. it is a lovely soft fabric. I also experimented with some wet wipes which worked out just as well and these can be transfer painted beforehand.


Here is another rather special charm I received yesterday from Jean Spillane, isn't it lovely? I'm sorry I don't have your blog Jean.


This photo was taken as the snow was falling today, I liked the way the background receded with the castle just a shadow in the background.

This was taken last night.

1 comment:

Sue B said...

I love that felted piece Mags. It's gorgeous. The color combination is fab and there's so much movement in the design. Love it. Whatever you make with it is going to be wonderful.