Monday, February 12, 2007

My February Page


I have just finished a page for Terri of StegArt We both belong to the Fiber Art Friends group and are swapping pages every month. Terri wanted a page of Nature and I chose one of my favourite flowers, the hydrangea. The photo was taken at Plas Tan y Bwlch on one of my visits there on a course.
This is a combination of the challenge we had for the month of January which was using a combination of Fabric and Paper. The photo was printed out on paper and bondawebbed to a sheet of purple organza which was then free machined in two shades, a mauve and lavender colour. The overlapping flowers were made using the transfer painted bits left over from my Padfolio. This was bondawebbed onto mauve felt, I drew three flowers and free stitched them before cutting them out and adding some yellow hand stitching to the centres.

12 comments:

StegArt said...

Oh my gosh! I love it. The hydrangea is one of the top flowers on my favorites list also. I think its a tie between hydrangea and clematis. I am so looking forward to seeing it in person. Sorry I couldn't wait to see it, had to peek.

Micki said...

It is really beautiful. The colors are very lovely. I really like the way you chose to put this all together.

Carol said...

Absolutely Beautiful,

kay susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kay susan said...

Wow! That really is beautiful!

SuZ said...

super technique with stunning results...very lovely indeed!!!

Sue B said...

Brilliant Mags!

Alis said...

Absolutly gorgeous. Terri is one lucky lady.
Hugs, Alis.

Purple Missus said...

Beautiful Mags. Love the colours.

MaryB said...

Wow simply stunning :-)

Dianne said...

Mags, you are such a talent! Gorgeous page.

Emmy said...

it is fantastic