Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A special day



Here is one thing which makes this day special, a lovely birthday card from my friend Micki, who is also on the Fiber Art Friends list with me. This is a beauty. These are some of my favourite colours and I think she knew this. It was very difficult to get a good photo because the colours are similar, but in real life the textures and colours are fantastic, the detail will give you some idea of what it's like. This is Micki's blog - Fiber Art: If I Create It, Will They Come?

Another reason for my special day is this lovely birthday card from Angela, another of my Fiber Art Friends. The shading and textures of this card are really lovely and the embellishments finish it off perfectly. Read more about it on Angela's blog The Adventures of Angelcat.


To crown it all I had another charm, this time a lovely one from Dianne of FaeryDi's Fibre Feats or "Fiascos".


The day got even better by the afternoon because I had a dyeing class with Janine Jones who teaches City and Guilds quilting at a local college. Janine is a member of SerenTex, the textile group I am a member of. Janine is very camera shy, but here she is with some fabrics she has dyed on the chair beside her. I will put a few more photos of the dyeing on SerenTex shortly.

6 comments:

StegArt said...

Wow what a great day! Those postcards are wonderful and so is that charm.

Purple Missus said...

Days like this are really nice aren't they? Like the postcards and Diannes charm.

Jo Wholohan said...

beautiful work!!!!!!

Sue B said...

Nothing like a good mail day to brighten up a day!

Micki said...

I'm happy that it arrived in one piece and so glad that you like it. The others are lovely also.

Dianne said...

What a wonderful birthday month you are having!! Lovely cards. Glad the charm arrived safely.