Saturday, February 03, 2007

A strange day

I was up early to take the first photo of the day, actually it was one of many using a tripod and timer. This one was the best of the lot.


After breakfast I noticed the morning sun on the castle turrets and the reflections in the water below the bridge, it's not often as clear as this, but this morning was particularly pure and clear with a slight frost on the grass.


I will skip the middle part of the day for now and show you some photos of the early evening, showing how quickly the moods of the estuary can change. I took the photo below and sat waiting for the sky to deepen and get even more colourful, but in seconds everything changed as a mist came curling in from the sea and in minutes - there was nothing to see.



8 comments:

MaryB said...

Lovely shots of the changing scene over the estuary. I also like the picture of the castle that shows the frost, the colours are beautiful.

pam annesley said...

Lovely photos, mags

Dianne said...

Wow - to wake up every morning to such a lovely view!! Beautiful photos.

Scraps of Bev said...

Gosh Mags these photo's are so good, very difficult to pick a favourite...and to see the bottom 3 with the changing moods very interesting - if I lived in your house I don't think I would ever leave the window!!!

Pat said...

These photogra[hs are lovely, you to live in a beautiful place.(Your're a pretty good photographer too:-) )

Paige said...

Thanks for the great shots. You have such naturaly beautiful sites to photograph. Me, I have to look to find beauty most days; but it is there, just beneath something.

jackie said...

Beautiful views, and I like your digital art further down.Lovely colours and texture.

Suzi-k said...

spectacular pics, do you really live near that wonderful fairytale castle? Lucky lady!