Thursday, February 08, 2007

Sue's Padfolio Pattern

This sort of work is not what I usually do, but I thoroughly enjoyed this project. This was just a dummy run! I always have dummy runs of things. I created problems for myself with this, Padfolio's instructions are so clear and easy to follow, but I used a difficult fabric. This used satin, transfer painted fabric on the outside and purple satin on the inside and I should have known better, it was so slippery to work with.It kept sliding around as I stitched and I had also used a very large Zigzag to start with and I should have had a little practice beforehand, then I would have known, but I was so keen to start. Thanks Sue for sharing your lovely pattern.



8 comments:

Sue B said...

Mags it's beautiful! I love it. The colors are so rich.

Whenever I'm working with a slippery fabric like that I fuse it to the timtex, it keeps it from sliding around.

Purple Missus said...

Its very lovely Mags. I like the way you have decorated the flap - nice touch.

Paige said...

I love the colors you have used and the leave patterns lined up across the top. Very nice.

Scraps of Bev said...

Mags the colours of this are so beautiful I just love it...

Rosalind said...

The colours and texture are beautiful and the border embroidery give it a real classiness!

Dianne said...

Mags this is just luscious! If this is just a dummy run I can't wait to see your next one.

StegArt said...

This looks fabulous. I love your flap design. Hope your next one goes better.

Micki said...

It is lovely for a first go. Can't wait to see more.