Saturday, March 03, 2007

Down to earth

We have all come down to earth after the excitement of our new grandson and today I have been experimenting with texture. It has layers upon layers of organza with a bottom layer of yellow, red and green cotton I printed years ago. It has not turned out as expected, but you must admit it's very textured! I was aiming to combine two challenges, a textured piece and also a Welsh based piece of work. hopefully it will have some wording in Welsh. The proverb I have chosen is 'Nid aur popeth melyn' All yellow things are not gold, in other words, things are not always what they seem.


Below is a photo of the castle this morning in the sunshine and then at the same time a rainbow to the right. I am rushing tonight as I have to change to go to a st David's Day concert to listen to three tenors and the choir my husband sings with.


9 comments:

Dianne said...

It has great texture - and the welsh saying is a good one! I wonder if there's any gold at the end of that rainbow? And there's that castle again Queen Mags.

Purple Missus said...

It may not have turned out as you expected Mags butit still looks pretty good. Did you 'zap' it or 'hot iron' it to expose the layers underneath, you never said in your blog and I can't quite make it out in the close up photo.
Hope you enjoyed your concert.

StegArt said...

Fantastic texture. And a nice color also. Hey Mags, is that your house, er um castle???

Pat said...

I was going to ask if it had been "zapped" as well or did the fabric just distress in this way?
What a wonderful place to live.

Micki said...

Nice texture. I am sure you will get it to looking the way you want. I really like that proverb.

Love the castle photo.

SuZ said...

I think it looks super great! but I know what you mean about when it turns out different than what you had in mind...LOL...kind'a like that saying "art imitates life" ... sometimes it just takes a different turn than you expected !!!

Emmy said...

I love this the texture and the collor is great

Jacquelines blog said...

It looks very great, nice texture, colours looks like spring. What a beautifull area you live in. I start longing for the holidays.

Carol said...

Wonderful Mag's knowing you it will turn into a fantastic sample