Friday, March 09, 2007

Finished projects

Before showing my finished projects I thought I'd share this evening's sunset with you. It was very beautiful.


This is a postcard made using Tyvek and was a challenge set for the FAF group for the month of March. I need to play a lot more with this one over the weekend if I have time.


Below is a challenge set by Carol for the Textile Challenge group. This was set on St David's Day and is to be finished by tomorrow. We had to do something to do with Wales. I think I should just about make it. My little red dragon is hiding among the daffodils. You may remember my textured piece in yellow. The dragon is digitized from a little statue of a dragon in Plas Tan y Bwlch. I love this little dragon and he used to be the most unbelievable verdigris colour but someone must have thought he should be black and has painted him, poor thing, he will never be the same again. It was given to the Plas by a gardener who was retiring years ago. 'Nid aur yw popeth melyn' means not all yellow is gold.

5 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Your two pc's are great Mags. I especially like what you've managed to do with Tyvek.

Dianne said...

Mags, love the dragon hiding amongst the daffodils - it's gorgeous!!!

Micki said...

Love both pieces, especially like the little dragon.

Scraps of Bev said...

Oh I just love the 'dragon' one!

Great photo of the sunset. It's lovely to see the sunsets at this time of the year and hopefully with the weather being so good there will be many more!

Sue B said...

Mags these are both very cool and that sunset - WOW.