Monday, March 19, 2007

Finished work


Today I finished my page for FAF. The topic was Celestial Bodies and I have chosen to create a page with my embellisher using Taurus as a motif. I used strips of organza and punched them onto deep purple craft felt. I cut out the motif from acrylic stretch velvet in purple covered with a piece of metalic organza bonded with Misty Fuse. I was sent some Misty Fuse by Joanna, of SerenityisBliss and I free machined around this with gold thread and I'm happy with the way it turned out. The Misty Fuse is wonderful and comes in black and white, it is so very fine and does not leave a white deposit as Bondaweb has a tendency to do. I hope Kim of SkybellArts @ Blogger will be happy with it.

8 comments:

Carol said...

The page is lovely Mags, I am sure Kim wil be thrilled with her page,

Scraps of Bev said...

Very effective and great work. I love the colour and the 'idea' behind it!

Sue B said...

Lovely page Mags, love the color.

StegArt said...

Wonderful fabric page Mags! Does the Taurus symbol have meaning to you or Kim?

Fran├žoise said...

Hey, I'm back!
Lovely page Mags!

Purple Missus said...

You've made a wonderful page Mags. I like the little stars - nice touch. I'm sure Kim will be very pleased with it.

Emmy said...

wonderful page I love the colors

Dianne said...

The background colour looks wonderful! It's a great page!!