Saturday, March 31, 2007

Fragile Fragments page 1

(Click for a larger image as usual)

This is the page I made for my own book and I must admit it's my favourite of all the things I have ever made. Probably because I'm rather sentimental and this has many wonderful memories for me. It took a while to create it, particularly designing it on the computer and I will try and share some of the work that went into it shortly. But for tonight I will just show you some details from the work. I feel I can do this with my own work, but with the other pages that were made by my friends in Australia I will just show you their finished work.


I printed out the image I created in PaintShopPro onto T-shirt Transfer paper and ironed it on very fine cotton fabric and then rubbed and scrubbed hard to soften it so that it would not be too plastic, it also had a layer of very fine net bonded to it. I backed it with felt and free machine embroidered into the lovespoon, face and hair.



I digitized the cream curtain and stitched it out using a varigated thread on a heavier white net and used my soldering iron to neaten the edges.


The dark lace was stitched using a metalic thread on black net, which was again burnt to neaten with a soldering iron.

11 comments:

Micki said...

Mags, this is so beautiful. I love the image and all of the texture.

Sue B said...

Stunning Mags, just stunning.

Jacquelines blog said...

It looks great! I am wondering how the complete book is gonna be!

MargaretR said...

Thanks for your lovely comments. You have a treat in store with the Australian pages.

Conni said...

This is gorgeous...

SuZ said...

WoW Mags....I must say I agree with you...this piece has to be right on top of my all time favorites!!!!...and you get to keep it !!!I just signed up for an on-line course (for beginners) for paint shop pro...now I'm really stoked!!!!!

Mandy said...

The textures you have used are amazing. I really look forward to seeing the other pages.
Thanks so much for sharing this with everyone.

Alis said...

So very beautiful.
Hugs, Alis

Dianne said...

Fantastic page!!! The image looks wonderful...

SeamRippstress said...

Simply Gorgeous piece. Each layer blends beautifuly and is so delicate and worn looking.

Helen Suzanne said...

a fasinating piece mags. The green is spot on to mine ;)) I really like the face in this and the way you've done the black work on it. It retains an old and printed/wood block sort of feel which is very striking.