Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Project 1(finished)

Here is a sample I finished this morning using Nappy Liners and Markal Paintsticks ironed on stretch velvet, then stitched with a satin Automatic Stitch with copper metallic thread. It was then covered with black organza and stitched again before zapping with a heat gun randomly. I then rubbed here and there on the hardened edges with some Goldfinger in Copper. I learnt how to do this when I did an on-line course with Maggie Grey. BTW check out this website Embellish and Stitch Book A new book written by the late Val Campbell Harding and Maggie Grey. It looks very interesting!


I made the sample into a small book for my friend Joanna.
Both the bag for the Earth Day auction and the book are packed and ready to post in the morning.

13 comments:

Jacquelines blog said...

wow, it's really beautiful. The colours and texture!!! great job.

Sue B said...

Gorgeous!

StegArt said...

Wow this is fabulous.

Micki said...

Oooh, wonderful. I ordered the book this morning. Gotta get all the help I can one way or the other. :-)

Helen Suzanne said...

oo oo so gorgeous. wonderful colours (you know me...i get a bit excited about coppery stuff)

Karen said...

The textures of this are fantastic! Very earthy and beautiful.

Stitchety Grub said...

Fabulous piece, Margaret - I love it :-D

SuZ said...

oh my!!! I love love love these projects...does Maggie Grey give on-line classes????

Scraps of Bev said...

Beautiful work...love the book!

Do you know when the Earth Day auction is!

Joanna van said...

Mags! These are super fantastic. I can't wait to study them in person. Thank you so much for donating to our Earth Day event. I love these!

nadine said...

You are an amazingly busy woman. And such talent. I thank you for publishing the photos of your work.

Dianne said...

Mags, the textures and colours on this are gorgeous!!

sammy said...

This is a awesome piece of art! Very well done, love the colors and the texture!