Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Projects


I have been planning the projects I need to do next, so I laid them out on my worktop this morning.


I have a Doors and Windows challenge to do, there is no pressure involved here as we are only making these for ourselves on the Textile Challenge list I belong to. The list owner is Carol Taylor of Postcards and stuff and her first language like myself is Welsh. She teaches textiles at a Secondary School in South Wales. Here are a few things I have been working on for this project.


I have a textile page to do for my FAF group swap this month and the challenge this time for me is to make a page using Symbols of Celestial bodies. I'm making it for Kim SkybellArts @ Blogger who is a Taurus and I designed this on the computer and I'm now going to make a stitched piece inspired by it. I hope she will like it.


Another challenge for me is to make brooches to swap for my Surface Design group. I designed these on the computer a while back when challenged by Maggie Grey Workshop on the Web to design brooches on the computer. I'm going to use these in some way.


Bag design.


Here is a design on the computer, it's not yet stitched. This was my inspiration for the bag you see below. This bag will be Auctioned for Earth Day by Joanna of SerenityisBliss, Surface Design group owner . I shall be sending it to her tomorrow hopefully. It's quilted and includes handmade paper and organza, with additional slips digitized by me and stitched on my Bernina 180 machine


This is the front of the bag.


Here is the back.
I also need to make some samples using Nappy Liners to send a friend who sent me some Misty Fuse. This will be my first job this afternoon.

15 comments:

Joanna van said...

This bag is incredible! I love it Mags. I'm sure it will "fetch a few bob" as you Brits like to say lol.

Thank you so much for your contribution. It's beautiful.

Joanna

Helen Suzanne said...

o my goodness Mags what a wonderful array of work. I love the broach designs - very unusual and... well all of it really.

Grumpy said...

Amazing bag Mags! More than a few bob I would think.

Scraps of Bev said...

Mags that bag is incredible I just wish you sold your creations either in a shop or online and I know I would be first in the queue..love the broach designs!!

Sue B said...

That bag is fantastic! Well now I know what I will be bidding on at the auction.

Dianne said...

Busy, busy Mags!! So interesting how you design stuff on the computer first - did you teach yourself to do that, or do you have a book to push you in the right direction? That bag is fantastic!!

Purple Missus said...

Everything on this posting is fab Mags. Love the bag. Sue won't be the only one bidding on it :)

Ro Bruhn said...

Love your work, your fibre and textile art is fabulous

joyce said...

I am so impressed with your artwork. The bag is to die for.

StegArt said...

Wow lots of lovely designs. I really like the computer design that you used for the bag. And the bag is awesome too.

Carol said...

Beautiful bag Mag's, brooch designs look great.

jenclair said...

I'm so in love with this bag! Just gorgeous!

Angelcat said...

You are so creative, to have so many great projects on the go it must be a joy each day picking and choosing what to work on!

Micki said...

The bag is scrumptious. You have so many wonderful things going.

Carol said...

Love it all Mags, so lovely I don't know where to start complementing!!! Hoff iawn or copper a du! Diolch an eich duminiadau da. Da iawn ti! Cariad carol T