Saturday, March 24, 2007

Spring Day

It's been a wonderful spring day here in North Wales and an ideal day to visit Betws y Coed a pretty little village in the mountains. A rough translation is 'the place in the trees'.
It is very popular all year round, so it was not surprising to find it very busy today.


It is very popular with motor cyclists because of the winding roads and this is a popular meeting place for them. Coaches also carry people from far and wide here and also many locals like myself enjoy the scenery.


Here is a photo of a very unusual chair I saw in one of the shops and the shop assistant said she could have sold it many times over, but it was not for sale.


This little cottage has a very unusual chimney and chimney breast and I can't resit photographing it on every visit.



A little robin was singing it's heart out as were many other birds. It's such a pity I could not record those for my blog.


These Celandines were sheltering by the wall.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

The village looks wonderful. The stonework on the cottage is full of texture. I love the photo of the robin - now that would look great as an art quilt or something fibre art related!!

Alis said...

YOu know, I don't miss living in the North West.
That is until I visit your blog and see the places we used to visit at weekends. Then, only then do I get a little homesick.
At least I can enjoy our favourite places again in your wonderful photographs.
Hugs, Alis

Liz said...

Well done getting that photo of the robin - I keep trying to photograph birds but they're either blurred or they spot me and fly away! Lovely photos - we visited Bettws y Coed when I was a child but I don't remember it at all.