Sunday, March 04, 2007

Trapped

I belong to Myfanwy Hart of Nuvo Felt Embellisher Yahoo group, Needlefelt Challenge. This week's challenge was to make a Trapped sample. This reminded me of a story my Nain used to tell me when she made us a 'treacle buttie'(brechdan driog. She used to take a spoonful of treacle and carefully made a net, then came the big lion who was caught in the net, this was just a big splodge in the middle and then a tiny mouse in the corner who chewed the net to let out the lion. This used to fascinate me as a child and I am busy making memories that my grandchildren will remember one day.

4 comments:

StegArt said...

That is a wonderful story. Your trapped piece is very nice.

Sue B said...

Great story! and the trapped piece is terrific.

Emmy said...

the trapped piece is so very lovely

Hearts Come Home said...

Hi and thanks for the stroll back down memory lane ... I grew up on "Butties" and treacle ones were my favorite. LOVe Elle xxx