Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Creative days


I have just had two very productive days, because I have taken on a few more challenges than I should have and I was just beginning to panic a little. But Panic's over and I'm in charge again. The piece of work above is a page for my FAF group page swap this month. Francoise's choice of subject is Writing systems past and present. I do hope this one qualifies as it is the method used for writing.



The next challenge was to make 4 Pins in any medium for my Surface design swap. I chose to make mine with the embellisher combined with machine embroidery using FME and a few automatic stitches. It was designed some time ago on the computer and just waiting for an excuse to make some.


This is a closeup of one of the pins.


I always enjoy making cards for my grandchildren and they have come to expect them now. this year I had 5 to make and it did become a bit of a rush towards the end, but I got there. Below is a closeup of the one for Charlie the new baby and Amy who is 16. I hope they all like them. The photos are not very good as I took them in the evening sun.

15 comments:

Helen Suzanne said...

I really like the image of the hand and quill Mags How did you do the lettering in the background?

Joanna van said...

I love that journal page are you sure it was to Francoise? I really think it was to J..O...A...N...N..A

And, the art pins are fabulous. I'm curious what is the computer program you use? You know I don't know of any other quilt artist who is so computer savy as you...I guess they don't call you digital gran for nothing!

kay susan said...

The page is fabulous and I love those pins!

Barbara said...

very creative moments.I love the one with the hand. Greetings Barbara

Sue B said...

Mags I don't even know what to say about that page. I keep thinking WOW but that does not do it justice. Well done Mags!

And those pins - you're making me wish I had signed up for that one.

Micki said...

Your April page is just magnificent! Francoise will love it. The pins are charming. And your grandchildren I am sure loves everything you make for them. The cards are very cute.

Beate said...

The art pins are fabulous I love this kind of Pins

Helen Cowans said...

I love the image of the hand - bothe the design and (of course!) the colour. You must do more:) - in your spare time of course! Helen

StegArt said...

Wow, lots of goodies to view. Your page for Francoise is great...I love the gradated background. And the pins are so colorful. And your homemade cards are fabulous for your grandkids

Helen in the UK said...

Particularly like your writing theme page - the stitching on the feather is wonderful :)

Jacquelines blog said...

The journal page looks great. The colours are really beautifull. Did you painted the fabric yourself? The pins are also nice, great design.

Waltraud said...

It´s great to surf on your blog. Very good!
Greetings
Waltraud

Purple Missus said...

What a brilliant idea for the page for Francoise. The design and the colours are wonderful. Same goes for the pins, so colourful, and its nice to know that even at 16 your granddaughter appreciates your art.

Alis said...

I love everything you do. That page is terrific how could she not be blown away by that.
Love the little pins. So vibrant.
And the chicckies are so cute.
Hugs, Alis

Dianne said...

Mags that page is fantastic!! I love the image and the colours are gorgeous. The pins are great!! You are so talented!!!