Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Hercules plane overhead

I'm glad so many of you like my new look. I am very grateful for all the lovely comments this week and they are always very much appreciated. I do try to reply to everyone personally but sometimes this is impossible and I know you will understand when this happens now and then.

As I live on a slight rise above the estuary of the river Conwy we often see low flying Hercules planes passing by from RAF Valley nearby. Yesterday I rushed to get my camera, turned it on, opened the window and just managed to snap it. There was another one following, but I just caught the tail of that one unfortunately.


I have almost caught up with my TAST stitches challenge by making 4 cards to swap with friends on the Surface Design group. I painted Aida fabric with acrylic paints for these cards and when they were dry I painted Acrylic Wax over them and I am very pleased with the resulting fabric.




13 comments:

Micki said...

Your postcards are very lovely. I really like the colors you chose.

I'm not far from Fort Knox and we see the big planes fly over all the time, also.

Conni said...

Beautiful work!

Elizabeth said...

Your postcards are wonderful--I love what happened with the fabric. But the design and stitching are great, too.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Mmmmm, lovely colours on these postcards.

neki desu said...

as ever, simply stunning!

neki desu

Helen in the UK said...

Wonderful colour on the PC backgrounds. They are all lovely, but if I had to pick a favourite I would have picked the top one with the sequin waste .... and what did I receive this morning, the top one - woo hoo!! Just sent a thank you on the Surface Design group before I started checking blogs. Thanks :)

Deb H said...

Very pretty, both colors & stitches. I've never heard of acrylic wax before. Is it to stiffen & protect the finish?

I happy to say, I am the proud winner of your purse from the Green Peace auction!!!

Dianne said...

Lovely postcards Mags!!!

annetteb said...

Your work is always stunning, its such a pleasure to look through your blog. Thanks for sharing your talents. Annetteb

Doreen G said...

Lovely postcards margaret and the stitching is great.

StegArt said...

These cards are fantastic. I love the colors and the stitches are wonderful.

jackie said...

Your blog is looking really smart.

Alis said...

Love the postcards. The colours are gorgeous.
Great new look.
Hugs, Alis