Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Lucky win


I won these beutiful threads by sending my email address in to Sassa Lynne by Winifred Cottage - Supplying Textile Artists Worldwide. My name was drawn out of the hat as it were. Thank you so much Myfanwy. These colours are called Midnight Siesta and I am thinking of some special way of using them.

I also had two more lovely postcards waiting for me on my return from holiday. These were from two friends from the Surface Design Yahoo Group and are based on the TAST stitches.


This one is from Phyllis Duffy. Thank you Phyllis, I love it.


This one is another lovely and unusual one stitched with ribbons. Thank you Jean(Spillane).

7 comments:

Micki said...

Glad to have you back. The postcards are great, nice to see something a little different. The threads are scrummy.

Elizabet said...

I've been trying to justify buying thread from Sassa Lynne by Winifred Cottage for an age....you lucky thing!!!!

Theres a purple smoke one and a purple raj one and a berry crush one I've been coverting!The colours are so rich and lovely.

Ah well...maybe one day!..that reminds me, must go and buy a lottery ticket.

Sueb said...

oooh lucky you having won that thread!

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Lovely threads that Myfanwy has sent you... you lucky girl! What have you planned to do with them. Know I would want to sit and look at them for quite a while.

Maggie

Judy Rys said...

Can't wait to see what you create with the threads. The colors are beautiful; similar palette to some of your other work.

Scraps of Bev said...

Hi Mags...Goood to have you back from Hols and thanks for the visit to my blog....

These threads are just super the colours are wonderful and how lovely for you that you won them..enjoy them!

I like these couple of postcards very much and I'm sure you were thrilled to received them...it's good to know the postman hasn't forgotten where you live!!

Judy Scott said...

More wonderful treasure and so glad you won the threads what fab colours they are. The postcards are lovely ~ I tried the ribbon embroidery last year whilst in Australia, I think its lovely Jean and Phyllis' postcard it really lovely too it reminds me of a sampler. Wonderful suprises, Jx