Monday, April 30, 2007

My Altered Book Box

The doorbell rang this afternoon while I was busy in my loft creating a page for Sue Bleiweiss and as things were going well I thought, drat who can that be? It was the postman with a big box for me.

Sue's name and address was on the outside of the box and I knew what it was. I'm in an Altered Book Box with her, so I quickly opened it. My favourite colours seem to be black with red, yellows and oranges and when I looked inside it seemed full of tissue in these colours. Amongst the tissue was the most wonderfully made and thoughtful gift anyone would wish for. With a tiny book ready for me to use, made by Sue with this lovely poem written on it.





The cover is black and waiting for me to finish off in any way I please. Inside it has a box full of goodies , all in my colours. The tags have all been made by Sue using some of the digitzed images from my blog and they all have matching cords.






Can you see the three little pull out drawers with the red, yellow and orange buttons? It's a perfect box. Now I have to make Sue one. How can I compete with that? I will put my heart into it and hope for the best.
I'm sure there is no need to tell you how thrilled I am with my Altered Book Box?

18 comments:

Ali Honey said...

Sounds and looks like it was worth being interrupted to open the door!
Treasure indeed! Enjoy.

Bonnypurr said...

what a cracking box!

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

WOW - what a fantastic parcel to receive. You lucky girl!

Maggie

Judy Scott said...

Oh wow what a wonderful gift and such treasure inside, for a treasure of a lady. I wanted to say thankyou for your lovely messages I always smile when I see you've visited me thankyou . Your box will be beautiful Im sure, look forward to seeing it Judy xxxx

Sue B said...

Can't tell you how happy I am that you like it Mags. It really was fun to create it for you.

meggie said...

What a true "Treasure Chest"!

StegArt said...

What a fabulous altered book/box. You lucky lady!

Micki said...

Sue did a really good job with this. How lucky you are.

SeamRippstress said...

Oh Yes, you've certainly scored big with this exquisite Altered book box Mags. Her tags are off the hook excellent as usual. How do you top that? Like you said...."heart and soul" & luckily we have until June to send these works. Wow and biggie-size that WOW! Beautiful Art Book!

Judy Rys said...

Beautiful box. Love the poem.

Carol said...

OOh fantastic, what a pleasure to receive

Elizabet said...

wow wow wow wow wow wow!
Those colours are amazing!
I adore the box. Theres a class running locally on how to do these and I wish I could afford it at the moment!

That poem really touched me. I hope you don't mind but I've noted it down to put in my notebook!

Purple Missus said...

Oooh, lucky, lucky you. This is absolutely fabulous. Sue's work just gets better and better doesn't it. She has so many great ideas. I love the way she has used your digital images - makes it much more personalised somehow.

marion said...

Lucky you. What a wonderful quotation...it was exactly what I needed to read today. I'm going to copy it into my commonplace book. Enjoy
marion
who wishes she was playing too...

Alis said...

Oh what a wonderful thing to receive. Definitely worth being interupted for.
Hugs, Alis

Susan D said...

Well worth being interrupted. Such gorgeous rich colours and love the poem very apt for us creative types. BTW do you know is the Alan Alda who wrote it the actor who played Hawkeye in M.A.S.H or some other writer?

Dianne said...

Just fantastic!! Oh what pleasure to have opened the package to find this inside!!!

Toni said...

WOW
WOW
WOW

Just superb
Toni