Thursday, May 17, 2007

Latest Inchies and Rust dyeing

This morning I had these fabulous inchies from Barb Ingersoll of Raleigh, NC, USA. They are even better than they look here and I am absolutely thrilled with them. Thank you Barb.


Below is a closeup of these magic inchies.



Sue Bleiweiss of Fiber*Thread*Textiles asked what would happen if we tried to rust fabric that was already dyed. Now this is what happened to mine. The rusty coloured fabric above did become rusty, but they are so close in colour that it does not show up very well. But I think I know what I will use this for.
Now the black was very successful and I would try it again one day. Both fabrics were polycotton. All the rusting equipment has now been put away for another day.



I am so pleased with the image of the horseshoe and below is a photo of one of the others re-rusted.

11 comments:

Micki said...

The inchies are great and the rust dyed fabrics look pretty cool.

meggie said...

I just never get tired of looking at the images you produce. They are all so unique. Love the rust fabrics-- the black particularly. Inchies are wonderful.

Alis said...

Those inchies are just wonderful.

The rust fabrics are great. The rust on black is my favouite. You could have fun with that one.

Sue B said...

Cool inchies. That black rust dyed fabric looks awesome!

Purple Missus said...

That black piece is absolutely fantastic Mags. I'm going to try rust dyeing this weekend, you've had some really good results.

Judy Rys said...

The black one is wonderful. Good work.

Jo Wholohan said...

Wooooaahhhh this is amazing, loving the rust dying!!!!

Dianne said...

Great inchies. That rust fabric is great - love the dark coloured one.

Ro Bruhn said...

The rusting looks fantastic, I've never tried this, as I've said before, I must give it a go

Liz said...

Love the black one especially, Mags. I didn't think of trying it on black. (By the way, you can get interesting - unpredictable - results by overdyeing as the rust acts as a mordant. I got black from it unexpectedly once!).

Nancilyn said...

I love your rust on dark blue results. I had on my list of things to try experimenting with rust on colored fabrics, and especially on aqua.