Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Postcards


I am so pleased with this postcard. Is it a hare? With that tail? Anyway, I still like it, so there!
I have 4 more images to stitch, but I made a mess of the woman that showed herself to me, I stitched her mouth when I should have left it as it was, as I was unpicking it I had a large hole. Pity.


Here are some of the Tissue Paper postcards that I have now finished. Yesterday I thought the finished 'paper fabric' was too shiny, but I love the feel of this now that I have free machined into it. Maybe it's not particularly good for postcards, but I can think of many other things this would be suitable for.


13 comments:

Micki said...

Love them all, I really like the bottom one. Now I am going to bed.

English Rose said...

these tissue paper ones are stunning, and of course it's a hare - maybe thats his back foot kicking up.....

Sue B said...

I think these are very cool Mags.

Dorothy said...

Hi M,

These are lovely. With the tissue paper ones, if you are worried that they are too delicate for the poste, why not paint them with acrylic wax it will give a good protection to the surface and a nice silkt finish to the surface. See the cockerel on my Blog.
Dorothy

StegArt said...

They're great, our free machine stitched flowers are wonderful. By the way, I'm loving that new blog banner at the top.

Scraps of Bev said...

These tissue paper postcards are stunning and they do look so delicate...shame about your 'women' but it's not very often Mags I read of something not going 'just right' for you...

Helen in the UK said...

What a cool idea to pick out the images that appear in fabrics to make a picture - love it :)

Susan said...

Those are all beautiful. I especially like the floral ones.

SuZ said...

hey Mags---they are super fantastic...all of them !!! I can't even pick a favorite...

Dianne said...

Mags, gorgeous cards!! I think the hare is fantastic - he is such a "happy hare"!!

Nola said...

Love them all - they have worked out so well. Sorry about the disappointing one, but a bie relieved that it's not just me that does stuff like that!

MargaretR said...

If I did not manage to reply personally because I don't have your email address, thanks for the comments. They are very much appreciated. Now I really must use these.

Alis said...

I love them all especially the hare.
Great work.