Friday, May 11, 2007

Surprises

These inchies arrived for me this morning from Cathie Recca in Raleigh, USA. I am swapping these Inchies with 4 other friends who belong to the Textile Challenges Yahoo group. I had asked for red, yellow and orange inchies and these fit the bill beautifully. I am just thrilled with them Cathie. Here is Cathie's blog clevelandgirlie


This how they were presented and it's a lovely idea.


Strangely enough I also received an unexpected surprise from Carol H. Straus, Art Quilter, Raleigh, NC, USA. What a coincidence that they both arrived this morning, just as if they had kept each other company from North Carolina all the way to North Wales in the UK. This is a lovely piece of textile art using tissue on fabric. Thank you so much for my lovely gift Carol.

7 comments:

Liz said...

Your blog is looking lovely these days, Mags. I like that banner you've got.

kay susan said...

I like the way your blog looks too! That dandelion and dragonfly piece is fantastic!

Dianne said...

Wow gorgeous inches I love the color and how they were pkg..
Its it wild how the pkg traveled together :):)
I am in awe of Carol H Straus work.
her quilts are stunning luky you to have one of her pieces. Thanks for sharing these..

Micki said...

What lovely surprises!

Adrian said...

Mags, you are into so many beautiful kinds of art, and I just think it's amazing how you connect to so many other artists with all the things you make and share. How exciting!
Adrian

meggie said...

I, to, love that dragonfly & dandelion!
the colours of the inchies are wonderful & rich.

Scraps of Bev said...

Gill - how lovely to have received these beautiful 'inchies' and also in a lovely packet..when I see this work I so wish I had a leaning towards this type of creativity...The other piece with the drangon fly is also so attractive...

Glad your keeping 'postie' busy..