Thursday, June 21, 2007

All's well that ends well

I had an excellent morning and I covered a lot of ground, but after lunch things started to go downhill. I worked very hard on my experiments, painted sheet after sheet of paper with transfer paint only to find that one colour was obviously contaminated with something or had been in stock too long. It would not transfer the tiniest bit of colour onto any fabric I tried. I had to repaint the lot with fresh paint and now when it's nearly midnight I am thrilled with the results and I can go to bed happy.


As I was looking for something else I came across this photo that I took many years ago in the V&A Museum. I love this old wrought iron gate.

5 comments:

Sue B said...

Glad it all worked out in the end Mags!

Scraps of Bev said...

Hi Mags. I'm glad it all came good in the end for you and you were able to have a peaceful & restfull nights sleep.

I also like this pic you've taken of the wrought iron gate. We were at the V&A 2 years ago but I don't remember seeing it so next time we go I'll make a point of looking out for it...that's if it is still there!!

Bev

Dianne said...

Well my Dear all your experiments are wonderful they are turning out great, I loved the workshop I did on transfer painting is awesome like magic.. Are you using liquid or powder? When we did the worshop we used liquid paint, I bought powder, which I don't like as much.
Love the castle all pink, the wrought iron gate is fab love it.. thanks for all your wonderful pics...

downunderdale said...

that gate is superb - I haven't seen it at the V and A. Look this year. What a great layer to look through.

Susan said...

Hi!
I've had the misfortune of having "old" or "bad" or "not working properly" heat-activated paints. It is quite a frustration...quite an annoyance. Thankfully, you could work through it. It was likely the only way to get a good night's sleep!
Susan