Monday, June 25, 2007

A change of colour


This is a WIP(work in progress)and has been in this state a long time. I think I might use the bits to make something else.


I designed this with the Artista Software and stitched it out with the embroidery module of my Bernina 180 Machine. I find this one quite pleasing and I might use it to make a book cover one day. It's been hidden in a folder for a long time.



I used the same design to stitch this one for a page swap. I needed to make a purple page and I was quite happy with this one as well. The inspiration was a window in an old building in Monaco.

10 comments:

StegArt said...

Wow, Mags, that embroidery design is stunning. Love it on the purple.

Susan said...

Wonderful, exotic, and nicely done...nicely conceived, executed, photographed, and shared. Thank you so much for the wordless encouragement that such a piece suggests.
Susan

Mary lin said...

LOVE your work!!!

Deb H said...

That top one looks related to the ATC you sent me a long while ago!
You make me almost wish I hadn't given my Husqvarna Designer 1 to my son. I felt it was wasteful to not be using it, & he loved it, so I gave it to him as an extra wedding gift. He made all the curtains for their house, & regularly uses the embroidery unit to dress up towels & linins for gifts. I always do my machine embroidery free motion. You make digital look so much more creative!

meggie said...

I love the shapes in that embroidery! The colours are lovely too.

Sue said...

Love your WIP and wonder whether it would work as background to a detailed front layer? It puts me in mind of a glass house/conservatory, blue skies or garden beyond. Cutting it down doesn't seem right, somehow. It's lovely.

Sue B said...

They're all amazing Mags but I especially love that last one.

Ali Honey said...

Great design Mags. I love your banner / Header, with ferns and moss too!

Jacquelines blog said...

Wonderful Magaret! Looks really great!

Dianne said...

Mags, love them - especially the purple one!!