Friday, June 08, 2007

Embellished flowers

I'm a member of Myfanwy's Embellisher group Needlefelt Challenge and the last challenge for me was Garden Flowers(I think) but on the way home today I was inspired by Ox Eye daisies growing on the roadside. Every year I feel like using them as inspiration for some work but I never do. So today I went up to my workroom and in 1/2 an hour I had made this. It's no masterpiece, but it's another challenge done. I have just remembered what this week's challenge is. It's just 'Brown'. Now what can I do with that one?


I can't remember if I posted this image before? It's my piece of work for the combined effort of SerenTex Snowdonia. When we have all finished, it will all be hung together as one piece.

15 comments:

Vicki W said...

Wow! 30 minutes! Cool!

Sue B said...

Mags that's really cool! I can't believe you whipped that out in just 30 mninutes.

Joanna van said...

Mags I love the landscape. Beautiful work.

Micki said...

Love the landscape and your daisy piece is great.

Helen Suzanne said...

superb Mags. The wee landscape segment esspecially I like... hope you'll show us the finished piece on the sirentex blog.

Doreen G said...

I love both of these pieces Margaret and I can't wait until my embellisher arrives it should be here next week (I hope)

Susan said...

Totally inspirational! Great choice of colors, especially the background...lets the focal point stand out. I'm not sure this isn't a 30 minute masterpiece!
Susan

StegArt said...

Those daisies are so delightful. And the landscape piece is gorgeous.

Nola said...

The daisies are terrific - I really get that sense of roadside daisies, that look so fragile but are really robust things.

The landscape piece looks great too - can't wait to see them all together.

Waltraud said...

This landscape is beautiful!

Ali Honey said...

Ah yes Mags, I too love the simplicity of form of the daisy flower. KIDS CATCH ON TO THIS FORM IN THEIR EARLY DRAWINGS.
Just lovely.

Dianne said...

"Garden Flowers" is beautiful. The landscape is fantastic - can't wait to see it all put together(don't forget to show us)....

nadine said...

Mags, darling,
this landscape is wonderful. i think it's my favourite of your work so far.

I absolutely love it. Wish i was there to see it in person (yes, with my hands, so to speak). Bravo to you my dear.

Alis said...

Fabulous Mags.
Love the little daisies and the Snowdonia piece is gorgeous.

NuvoFelt said...

Lovely om-eyes, Mags. I like the landscape too