Saturday, June 23, 2007

A musical day

I've had a busy day, but a very enjoyable one. This morning I was looking after my beautiful 3 month old grandson and he is at such a delightful age. Then this afternoon I spent a short time with my textiles, printing out some of the music images from yesterday onto fabric. I should have mentioned that I was thinking about The Planets by Gustav Holst.


This evening I had a feast of music at The North Wales Theatre in Llandudno which was renamed recently to Venue Cymru. What was wrong with the original name? Nothing as far as I can see and the new one is neither English nor Welsh. There, I have had that off my chest!
The concert was brilliant and was the annual concert of the Maelgwn male voice choir of which my husband is a member. For me, the main attraction apart from my husband of course, was the world famous harpist Catrin Finch and I was not disappointed. The baritone soloist was Seeung Wook Seong from South Korea and also the well known string quartet called Pavao. These four young women studied together at the Royal Academy of Music before forming their group. All in all a wonderful evening.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

The musical fabric looks great!

MargaretR said...

Thanks for your comment Shirley.

Scraps of Bev said...

Wow Mags what a wonderful day you had...firstly with your grandson and then all the beautiful music either with your own makings or listening - what a way to spend a Saturday and music is so uplifting and most certainly when there is a Welsh Male Choir involved!

Hope you've managed to come out of all this bad weather we've been having ok...I know you are quite high up so hopefully no flooding for you but I see from the weather reports that parts of the country have suffered very badly. We've had a lot of rain down here but thankfully no flooding around where we live.

Susan said...

I know I would have loved listening to her harp music. The name thing is strange. The first one sounded perfectly fine to me. Love the two images posted here.