Thursday, June 28, 2007

Reunion

No textile work done again today I'm afraid. Today was the day I have looked forward to since last year, a reunion between 5 school friends. Did you notice I left out the old? We were all transported to our schooldays and behaved like schoolgirls once again, chatting, laughing and giggling and being generally silly. A wonderful day.


I am second from the left, laughing as usual.


The old manor house called 'Y Faenol Fawr' where we had our meal.


This is a closeup of the date above the fireplace.


Here is the wonderful fireplace in the lounge where we had our coffee.


This peacock let us take photos of his wonderful tail, but the other one, the beautiful white peacock climbed up a wall and disappeared behind a chimney on the roof. I think I will just have to go there for another meal so that I can take a photo of that elusive white one.


I couldn't resist the texture of this bark and thought some of you might like it too.

8 comments:

Helen Suzanne said...

oo yes I like the bark Mags ;) You look great in the pic and certainly should get a prize for the biggest smile - it must certainly have been a good gathering.

StegArt said...

Sounds like you had a grand time. How wonderful to keep in touch with your friends from school.

Sue B said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Great shot of that bark.

Pat's Place said...

Oh, the texture in the bark is wonderful. I wonder how we could capture some of that in fiber...

Waltraud said...

I think you had a great time and these textures of the bark are wonderful.

Micki said...

You look wonderful and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. Love the bark photos. Thanks for sharing.

Deb H said...

I Love your pictures, & you are a pretty Gran! Red is my favorite color.

Elizabeth said...

I just knew that you would be you!! Just how I pictured you in my minds eye!! your blog inspires me so much!!
Each time I visit I feel like I have been to see the beauty of your country and had a huge dose of inspiratiuon at the same time!! Doesn't get much better than that!!