Sunday, June 10, 2007

Textiles


Here is Norma's Eye of the Beholder postcard, can you see the image Norma saw? Yes, it's a palm tree on a desert island with a boat sailing by. It's lovely. Thank you Norma. I'm sorry, I don't know if you have a blog Norma. This was a swap thought up by Joanna of the Surface Design Yahoo group.


This is the page I've made for Lynda as this month's swap for the FAF group. It's black and white with a touch of red. Maybe I have gone a bit overboard with the red and there is slightly more than a touch of it there. I hope Lynda will forgive me.

14 comments:

Vicki W said...

Both if these are great projects but I am especially taken with the black/white/red page!

Carol said...

Lynda will love it Mags its gorgeous

Emmy said...

very very lovely

Sue B said...

Mags Lynda's page is fabulous, she's going to love it. And that postcard is very very cool. What great colors in that.

Dianne said...

Fantastic!! Love the lacy edging around the design.

Barbara said...

I see very fabulous artwork! Love them all.I will visit again!! Greetings from Germany Barbara

Nola said...

Like the postcard - very clever - but love your black, white and red page!

Purple Missus said...

Ooh Mags, this page is wonderful. Is it a velvet background? I love it. Thank you.

MargaretR said...

Thanks to you all for the lovely comments.
Yes it is a synthetic stretch velvet which I love using Lynda.

Carol said...

I think you have just enough red there Mags. It's a beautiful piece.

StegArt said...

The page for Lynda is fabulous!

Micki said...

Fantastic page. Love the design of it. The postcard is great too.

Fran├žoise said...

A very lovely page Mags. And I don't think there's too much red!

Carol said...

I couldn't see the palm tree at all Mags, i thought it was a twister coming to get the little boat! I love your page for Lynda, i think the red is in just the right amount, especially under welsh patriotism laws there has to be that much red!!!! Well done again on capturing just the right spirit in this work.