Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Victorian Town

Yesterday I went on a trip organised by the local Probus Club to Ironbridge in Shropshire. You will learn a lot more about it here at the website Ironbridge Gorge Museum than you will from me. Unfortunately it was raining too much for us to go out and photograph the actual bride, but we did visit some museums and also walked in the rain through the Blists Hill Victorian Town, which was really interesting. I will put some photos on my photoblog DG's Photos and Digital Art later.


This was inside the house where the doctor's surgery was held, so it could have been the Doctor's house.



There were a quite a few interesting old signs and posters around. Below is the dressmaker's shop.
I had hoped to see some work by Laura and Linda Kemshall who were there on June 3rd. But unfortunately I did not find any of their work. That would have been the icing on the cake for me.


I did get some nice textures even though it was raining.




7 comments:

Nola said...

So sorry you missed the bridge - I though it was just an amazing structure! It's a fascinating place, isn't it?

Purple Missus said...

Have your friends given up wondering why you are taking photos of walls and paving while they are busy taking group photographs? I bet you still get some funny looks from passers-by!

Scraps of Bev said...

Mags I just couldn't believe this when I opened up your blog...I lived for while when I was a young girl in Coalbrookdale and went to a school in Ironbridge..My parents lived there for a number of years so this is really a trip down memory lane...

I love your photo's of different textures snd I'm looking forward to seeing the other pics when you post them.....Glad you enjoyed your day.

Deb H said...

I love the photos. The moss on the bricks looks like a picture I took in the Underground tour of Seattle.

Carol said...

Sorry you missed the bridge it's worth seeing. Love the photographs the gorgeous textures and colours in the stonework are my faves.

Judy Rys said...

The bricks are wonderful. It would make a great quilt.

Judy Scott said...

amazing photos ~ I took some pictures of incredible rust while I was away but my camera shutters werent working properly :( Jx