Monday, July 09, 2007

My header

I am fortunate enough to be going to be at Plas Tan y Bwlch with some of my SerenTex friends shortly. It will be a little time to ourselves creating and enjoying each other's company.


(Click for a larger image)

This is the rest of my header. It's inspired by a wall at Plas Tan y Bwlch and is a folder to hold some of the work I have done there over the years. As you can see it was made in 2001. I can't believe that was six years ago.


This is my favourite little Welsh dragon which was until a short time ago a beautiful verdigris as you can see here. This was taken one damp night a few years ago. Someone thought the little Dragon needed a coat of paint and it is now black all over. I was very upset about it. I just hope that it will soon become weathered and it's lovely greenish verdigris will return once more.


This flower was photographed on the same night.


I like this unusual tree stump.



Both these are photos of the stable floor at the old Home Farm, which is now a little shop selling pottery.

10 comments:

Judy Rys said...

I like the old stable floor. I think it's great when they are able to retain some of the history. It makes it much more interesting.

Dianne said...

I really like the header Mags - looks very life-like!! And that dragon is wonderful....

Anonymous said...

I really like the last photo!

Helen Suzanne said...

lovely pics mags. how sad for the little dragon - he was quite splendid in his original attire. Of course the floors are wonderful. I do like your stitched piece - you've got such realism in those textures!

Alis said...

YOu always take such inspiring photos Mags.

Poor little dragon. Perhaps the paint they used isn't up to the job and he will gain his weathered glory soon.

Ro Bruhn said...

Love your new header and the fabric in your previous post is really lovely, fabulous colours

feltedfibers said...

oooh wonderful memories of Plas!!

Micki said...

Lovely photos all. I really love the texture of your header piece.

StegArt said...

I love your blog header. That folder reminds me of little islands with palm trees.

Susan said...

Hi!
Like another person posting a comment, I like the last photo very much. It looks quite like a photo that I would have taken...or something I would have pointed out to my two sons when they were younger. Perhaps, such "instruction" fostered their love of cobblestone streets, crypt churches, and archaeological sites.

On another comment, I mentioned my desire to visit your area of the world. While I still hope to see these sites, it will not be so soon. Instead, I am likely coming to England for the Stitching and Knitting Show in London during October. This is scheduled at the same time that Birmingham Royal Ballet (BRB) is slated to perform at the Sadler Wells Theater.

So, to answer one of your questions to me, yes...my son is both living and working in England. He joined BRB last season as a member of the corps de ballet, is its youngest male member, and will be returning next season. Before turning professional, he competed in seven international ballet competitions...winning medals and awards in each one.

He has grown up tremendously during the past year and had to learn much about the "business" of dance and how hard it is for an American born and trained dancers to gain opportunities abroad. Yet, if any dancer is going to succeed, it will likely be my son.

He loves England. He loves his new company and is eager to please the staff. He has had a fabulous year, but we are thrilled that he is about to visit for almost three whole weeks. Then, it is back "home"...to Birmingham.

In the meantime, I'll look forward to more images of the Welsh countryside and plan for a fitire trip to see these vistas in person. I think Mathias is going to stay for several years...looking to advance in the ranks of the company and bringing me oversees to witness his performances....and hopefully more of the surrounding country!
Susan