Saturday, July 07, 2007

New Postcards


Here are two postcards I have just received and I know you will love them. As usual, the photos don't do them justice. They are so very different in texture. The first is from Lynda who is also editor of Fibre & Stitch - An Online Mixed Media Zine. This is so very textured when you feel it and I think that this sort of work could be developed for blind people Lynda? But the colours are also so rich.
The second one is from Norma Builda, but I'm afraid I don't know if Norma blogs. This is a swap on the Yahoo list Surface Design and the challenge was to experiment with tissue paper. This is so delicate and smooth with stitching to finish it beautifully. Thanks to you both for giving me such pleasure.
I haven't started on my latest postcards yet.



Your Dominant Thinking Style: Exploring

You thrive on the unknown and unpredictable. Novelty is your middle name.
You are a challenger. You tend to challenge common assumptions and beliefs.

An expert inventor and problem solver, you approach everything from new angles.
You show people how to question their models of the world.


I saw this on Carol's blog A Stitch in Time recently and then again this morning on Sally's blog Bird on a wire. I don't often do these, but thought I'd have a go and it's quite near the mark I think.

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

Beautiful Postcards Margaret.

Sara said...

Great postcards!

And, we have the same thinking style!!!