Sunday, July 22, 2007

Plas Tan y Bwlch


Due to a very busy week with one thing and another I have been unable to blog regularly for the first time since I started Digital Gran and I must admit I have missed it. I can't understand this as I have never been one to keep a diary, I usually start every year with all good intentions and by the end of the first week I have given up.

I am here at Plas Tan y Bwlch and for the first time I am able to connect to the internet during my visit and I am overjoyed. Do you think it could be an addiction? My friends have decided I'm addicted, but of course I knew this already.


I took this photo in the rain as you can see. It's a selection of the image below and I used it as inspiration of the sample at the top.
The other piece i played with has become a little purse, but it's not yet finished.




This is one of yesterday's photos with very low clouds as it has rained steadily and heavily since we arrived here. My car boot leaked and I had quite a mess with water everywhere, but what can you expect with such rain, compared to those poor people who have been flooded out of their homes this is nothing.



Here is a photo for all cat lovers. There are three of these ginger cats or Marmalade cats at Plas Tan y Bwlch.

10 comments:

Sylvie L. said...

thank you for the photos (flowers and cats ... I love !)
Just a question where is Plas Tan y Bwlch ???

enjoy your holidays,

amitiƩs de France

Carol said...

Hi Mags it's good to see you back I have missed your posts. Your photographs are gorgeous.

I know what you mean about blogging and missing it when you are short of time. Like you I never kept a diary and still don't. I didn't think my blog would last a week - but a year on and it's still going with only one extended break for a holiday.

Alis said...

Hey, great to see you posting again.
Wonderful photos and post. You always make me feel like I am there with you.

I'm like you and Carol. I don't keep a diary never have but love to blog.
I don't know why either but long live blogs and connecting to friends this way.

Homeleightigger said...

Your photos are lovely Mags - so are your pieces. Are they felt?

Scraps of Bev said...

Hi Mags...I was wondering what you were up to!! nothing I can say about the weather it's so awful, my heart goes out to the people suffering from the flooding.. Love the photo's and especially the one of the cat!

Well like you and many others it seems I would love to keep a diary but somehow it doesn't work for me but I do like my blogging...having said that I haven't updated mine for at least a couple of weeks now..to much going on at the moment!

Enjoy your time at Plas Tan y Bwlch

Susan said...

Hi!
I've missed your posts too! The photos are beautiful but it is the way you've interpreted the flower in fibers that I find so completely fascinating. You've captured the intensity of the colors! Beautiful!
Susan

Carol said...

Lovely work, from fab inspiration. We're all addicted, just go with it!

MargaretR said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments. Plas Tan y Bwlch is in the county of Gwynedd in North Wales. My samples used the Embellisher which I hadn't used recently and both started off as a bit of practice!

Judy Scott said...

Hi Margaret your photos are brilliant my mum loved Montbrecia mine havent flowered yet but just about to!!! I love the art work you've done too. Glad to have brought back happy memories for you, love Judy xx

The Ginger Darlings said...

We three ginger cats salute you from the other side of Wales.
We have ginger flowers too in our garden, and a painting woman. and an addiction to blogging.