Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Plas Tan y Bwlch

Here are a few more images from Plas Tan y Bwlch taken this afternoon.


Rust dyeing people really would die for this rusty old gate I found behind our workroom among the brambles. The sun was trying to shine through the rain and the gate was shining, but believe me it really was very, very rusty. Next time I come I will bring some white cotton with me.


Instead of printing fabric with it I played with it in my PaintshopPro program this time.



I also found another sample of "my" motif used at Plas.


These wet leaves were on one of the steps outside the workroom.


This was taken late this afternoon and you can just see the little village of Maentwrog in the distance.


I had hoped to take photos of flowers while I was here but difficult in the rain. I do have some Hydrangea flowers to show you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Alis said...

Beautiful photographs. You always seem to capture the atmosphere of a place so well.

What a fantastic gate!

Dianne said...

That gate has such great swirls and patterns on it. Some wonderful photos here Mags.

Scraps of Bev said...

I know the rain is not exactly what you would want but it is giving you some lovely atmosphere in the photo's..I love the wet leaf one very much...wishing for some lovely sunshine for you Mags.

Micki said...

Love that gate. Great photos as always.

sue said...

The gates are crying out to be preserved in stitch. Your photos are alway so beautiful.

Carol said...

That Gate is superb Mags, wish i could see it for real, it puts me in mind of the pieces I have been doing, i might have aplay with those shapes if you don't mind!