Friday, August 10, 2007

Catching up


Carol of A Stitch in Time was kind enough to present me with this award. It's a new friendship award started by Bella Enchanted. This award is for those bloggers who are nice people, good blogging friends and those who inspire warm friendships and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. I am very proud to have had this award. Thanks Carol.
In return I extend the award to the community of textile bloggers who share ideas and inspiration and I am happy to be a part of this wonderful community.


On Tuesday some of the members of SerenTex went out for a meal. I did take some photos, but I was obviously not in the mood for taking good photos and I don't think my friends would appreciate seeing those photos here. But my cousin Gwyneth took this photo of me about to eat a spoonful of warm pecan pie and ice cream and I promised them all I would blog it. That pecan pie really was delicious!


I have at last finished my page for Sarah of And Sew On . . ..


Sara wanted her page to be in greens if possible with the topic of 'If you want it done, ask a woman!' In other words a woman's work is never done. I found this topic rather difficult to decide on until I saw a woman pushing a wheelbarrow on the beach in front of our house. I still haven't found out what she was doing there, but she did give me this idea for the page.


I thought you would like to see this lovely flower, I don't know what it's called but the plant flowers for me like this every year and I love it.

15 comments:

StegArt said...

Love the page you did for Sarah. And no fair, now I'm hungry for pecan pie.

Susan said...

Sarah's page is great! That pecan pie looks wonderful. I hope I go through Chama, NM, where there is really good pecan pie, because now I want some!

Sue B said...

oooh that pie looks good! Your page for Sarah is terrific, nicely done.

Liz said...

Congratulations on the award, Mags! you deserve it.

Julie said...

Margaret, the flower is called a peace lily, I think. I don't know the latin name.

Micki said...

That pie looks delicious. Great pic of you. I like your page for Sarah.

arlee said...

Latin =Spathaphyllum

Gina said...

Lovely page for Sarah... bet that pie tasted good!

Ro Bruhn said...

Love the page Margaret and red is your colour. I think you have a peace lily which is a beautiful plant.

Emmy said...

I love the page you made for sarah
very lovely

Susan said...

Hi!
Thanks for the comments on my blog. I am very excited about the opportunity to show my "Blues Chapel" again in a museum setting.

The plant you photographed is a great one. I have no earthly idea what it might be called. I have, however, purchased it in the past. When my ballet-dancing elder son was quite young, I always bought a "strange and exotic" blossom for his recitals. Standing outside the stage door with all the mothers and fathers of little dancing girls was an odd experience. All the other parents carried armfuls of roses....quite "wrong" for a boy. I'd bring a single stem

Once I brought one that looks like your photo. Once I brought one that was red...but otherwise, also like your photo. I was told that they are native to places like Hawaii.
Susan

Judy Rys said...

Your Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum) is really happy. Mine has only flowered once. Here's a link with some info.
http://www.plant-care.com/peace-lily-spathiphyllum-removing-flowers.html
Can't wait to see the Fiber & Stitch!

marion said...

There is a distinct look of glee on your face there, Margaret. If that's what pecan pie produces, what do you look like when they produce chocolate?

mrsatroxi said...

Congratulations on the award! You deserve it soo much! :)

Anonymous said...

Your pretty plant is called a peace lily, we have them here in our office. They love sun, and put out flowers all of the time.