Monday, August 06, 2007

Dyeing Session

Janine was kind enough to let me join her class on Saturday. She is a City and Guilds Quilting tutor and she sometimes holds an extra class for her students at the Treborth Botanic Garden near Bangor, North Wales. It is on the shore of the Menai Straits, just a short distance from the Menai Suspension Bridge, which connects the isle of Anglesey to the rest of Wales.


Here is Janine and she is a member of SerenTex.


Can you imagine working in this setting? We are amongst hot house plants here in the lab which we are able to hire for the day.


I sometimes go to a class having no idea what I want from it, but this time I knew exactly what I wanted. These colours are my new favourites! Orange and purple. I had picked up a leaflet somewhere using these colours and I knew I was going to love them and use them often, at least for a while.


these colours are not favourites of mine, but I need them to make a green-blue page for a friend. so watch this space.

I'm also making a page with the topic 'If you want it done, ask a woman' and I have already started on that one, it was supposed to be the page for the month of July.

19 comments:

Doreen G said...

I'm like you Margaret I love those purples and oranges--

Carol said...

It sounds as thought you had a great time Mags and very productive. Your hand dyed fabrics are gorgeous.

Linda said...

A body could drown in those purples and oranges, Can't wait to see how you use them!

Angelcat said...

Oooh these are yummy Margaret, my fave colour is orange so I bet you can guess which of your fabrics I like the best :)

ambermoggie said...

found you:)
help please. discount B&B near llangollen/welshpool.Monday night looking to surpirse mr mog for his birthday

Ro Bruhn said...

Purple and orange, a great combination. I'm rather partial to purple and red too in small doses.

Papoosue said...

These colours are all so lovely!

feltedfibers said...

TB Gardens brings back wonderful memories of a workshop I attended a few years ago, a fantastic place to work in. Love your colour combinations.

Carol said...

Oh what delicious colours I really love the purple orange combo!

meggie said...

The purples & oranges are lovely.
Like that motto. Always ask a woman, I say!

Waltraud said...

Great results!

Cara said...

Orange and purple! Yes, I needed to pick a color combo for a project I'm starting today! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sarah Jayne said...

The fabrics look great - can you explain how you did it?

StegArt said...

Well it looks like the oranges and purples are a winner with everyone. Even me! They are just fabulous.

Susan said...

I love the look of all the hand dying. The purple and orange is great if I'm going to a Phoenix Suns game, but otherwise, I like the blues and greens better. Beautiful shadings.

Judy Rys said...

A little green added to that orange/purple combo would be fantastic. It's my new favorite. A very lively bunch!

Alis said...

You do go to the most wonderful places and do the most wonderful things.

Such gorgeous colours, all of them.

Susan said...

Hi!
Like most of the comments, I, too, like purple and orange...add a bit of green from the other stack (or better yet, a green leaning to a bit of olive)...and you've got all my personal preferences! I can't wait to see the result.
Susan

Dianne said...

LOVE those purples and oranges - yummy!!!