Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fabric Page


Here is the lovely Fabric Page I received from Emmy this morning. It is really lovely and I'm looking forward to putting all my pages together to complete the book very soon now. You should have your shortly Emmy it's in the post, so is my page for Sarah and all the postcards I finished. On to the next lot now.


This is a postcard I made using tissue paper and a piece of broderie anglaise. I'm very pleased with how this one has turned out. Playing with tissue paper is fun. My first attempt was not highly successful as I did not add enough water to the PVA glue and there was far too much shine on the finished work. I'm now thinning it out with more water and it works so much better and it has a lovely matt finish.



I added some stitching to this one and the result is quite pleasing. They were so much fun to do I have made a few more than I needed for my swap, but I have promised a couple of friends I would send them something and I will send one of these I think.

10 comments:

StegArt said...

Love your tissue paper pieces.

Vicki W said...

Those postcards are awesome! So is Emmy's page.

Doreen G said...

Great page from Emmy and I agree the postcards are awesome.

Joanna van said...

This is really lovely, what you did with the tissue paper.

Joanna

Susan said...

You work with the most interesting pieces of things! I love the look of the tissue paper.

Nola said...

Beautiful, Mags! I especially like the tissue paper piece - it's so delicate. I have been saving some lace offcuts from the op shop for something like this...

Alis said...

Love the tissue paper experiments.
Great texture.

Waltraud said...

Wonderful page from Emmy and beautiful postcards. The tissue paper is very interessting!

Jacquelines blog said...

You're tissue paper cards are looking great!!!

Micki said...

The tissue paper pieces are wonderful. Emmy's page is beautiful.