Sunday, August 19, 2007

More Tissue Paper


These are 4 more Tissue Postcards I have made. the stitching is far from perfect, but they were fun to do and I am going to play a little more this afternoon. I'm also hoping to start my quiltie for Unlimited Textiles Getting to Know You swap.


Yesterday there were a lot of people on Conwy Quay as there was a river festival. I could have stood in the window all day taking photos, but I didn't as the weather was not too good this year. I loved the colours of these three yachts sailing slowly down the river as it was rather calm. They looked very graceful.


I don't know if my photo is clear enough for you to see all the people standing on the quayside?

11 comments:

sue said...

your photos always remind me of when I was small and family holidays were spent at Colwyn Bay :)
(guzzisue)

marion said...

Lovely fans, Mags.

Sue B said...

These tissue paper experiments are wonderful Mags.

Carol said...

I love your tissue paper pieces Mags, they are all wonderful.

I love seeing your photographs they are always very interesting.

Cellostitcher said...

I love the tissue paper experiments. Your photos make me want to go on holiday again. I agree the sail boats do look graceful.

Dianne said...

Your tissue paper cards look like they have such a lovely shine to them. You have the most fantastic view - it's a wonder you get any work done!!!

Alis said...

I love the postcards. So lush. The fans are lovely.

Great photos again. The boats definitely are graceful and peaceful.

Susan said...

by clicking, I could se all the people! Lots of watchers. The picture of the 3 yachts is very nicely composed. I love the fans!

Eva scrap said...

You do lot´s of beautiul things, the tissue postcards are wonderful.
Eva

Cara said...

Wow! I love the boats. The town and quayside look so different compared to here. It's hard to imagine real people living in a place like that, not just in movies.

The post cards are really good! The imperfections make them better. In these times when so much is manufactured or mass produced in the 3rd world, it's good to see something individual that somebody really cared about.

Carol said...

Wow mags you have been busy! i love all your new things, your quilty is lovely. Hoff iawn or motif or plas hefyd, da iawn ti am fibre and stitch hefyd. Cariad mawr!